Baffle fishway (or baffle fishway) setup
This module allows to dimension a baffle fishway. Supported baffle fishway types are:
- plane baffles (Denil) fishway;
- "Fatou" baffle fishway;
- superactive baffles fishway;
- mixed / chevron baffles fishway.
This tool allows to calculate one of the following values:
- flow through the pass (m3/s);
- upstream head (m);
- pass width (m) for plane and Fatou types.
Given the following mandatory parameters:
- pass type (Plane, Fatou, superactive, mixed);
- slope (m/m).
Parameter "Space between baffles (m)" is optional. When not given, its standard value is calculated. When given, if its value deviates by more than 10% from standard value, an error is generated.
Altimetric setup parameters (upstream water level and downstream water level) are optional and allow to calculate:
- pass length in horizontal projection and following the slope
- number of baffles
- apron and spilling elevations, upstream and downstream
- rake height of upstream side walls
Generating a baffle fishway simulation module
Results of an altimetrically setup pass may be used to generate a baffle fishway simulation module, using the ad hoc button.